What form of prior year income verification is acceptable? Tax returns will be very challenging for many low-income people. Is child/spousal support included? If they had monies from a legal settlement or inheritance, do we include it? The rule still allows for a ‘self-certification’ but is that enough without doing any of the other efforts to “verify” the information provided.

  • 0

Response From HUD:

Yes, as long as the employee self-certifies. §75.31(b)(1)

Leave an answer

Leave an answer